Saturday, June 14

(Still on) 60...

..and going fine. Was supposed to be coming down another 10 this week, but for some reason they've left me on 60.

Hopefully starting working at end of week - mail sorting of all things - Never really done a "mindless" job before so not really sure how it'll go. It's nights as well; which, I'm hoping, will suit having to go to chemist everyday. It'll be cool not to have to make excuses for time off all the time.

(Haven't actually got the job yet so this may well all be wishful thinking...)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It is surely your responsibility to ensure they reduce your dose. People have all kinds of reasons for wanting to quit but it takes an almost super-human level of commitment and inner strength to come off 60mls a day, however slowly. Were you secretly hoping they wouldn't reduce you because if you were you will always find an excuse to top up again.
Whatever you want to do I wish you all the best. I'm down to 50ml from 200ml per day and have been scripted almost 30years.
I also keep a blog, please pay a visit, here:
Re:Hab

Unknown said...

Apologies, link is here:
Re:Hab

Anonymous said...

Hi Keith...

Thanks for your words & advice - Sadly I seem to be lumbered with a drug worker who isn't really on top of things - I've now taken myself down to 50.

Like you, I've been through this before, with 5 years cleans last time - so I know the pain to come & am equipped mentally to deal with it..

I wish you well...will have a look at your blog shortly...

Anonymous said...

See latest post for details of this week...not good reading - although totally drug un-related..